We have gathered together some pointers that may be helpful when preparing for a job interview:
Preparing for the Interview:
- Write down the name of the person who you are meeting.
- Ensure that you are clear on the role you are being interviewed for.
- Spend some time before the interview studying the company website so that you can speak confidently about the company and what they do.
- Know clearly the address of the interview and allow plenty of time to get there.
- Have a contact number for the company/interviewer in case of unforeseen circumstances.
- Dress appropriately.
During the interview:
- Allow the interviewer to start the questioning, pause before giving a clear, structured answer.
- Talk about any relevant skills and experience that you have.
- Explain why you would like to work for the company and why this particular role is of interest to you.
- Be positive in your approach to answering questions.
- Wait until invited to ask questions and then ask relevant prepared questions.
- Say “Thank you” – it will show respect and courtesy.
- Four tips to gauge company culture before you take the job
- Is your workplace high-pressure or is it a toxic work environment?
- Do you really need that job filled by someone who has had two- or three-years’ experience, or can a new grad fill the role?
- Get staff ready for the Trans-Tasman bubble
- Interview Tips