We require a Machine Operator to work on a civil and earthworks project for a large construction company in Queenstown. This is a Monday to Friday role with the possibility of some weekend work . The position is on a contract basis with the possibility to become permanent for the right candidate.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Operate an excavator and other heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment
- Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment and clean lubricate and refill equipment as necessary
- Loading containers and trucks with the Excavator
- Operate heavy equipment and other construction related duties as required
- Safety and quality-focused
- Punctual and able to work Monday to Saturday and do Shift Work if necessary
- Follow management instructions
- Environmental adaptability able to work inside and outside in all weather conditions, and various locations
To be successful in this role you need to have:
- Experience in operating a range of machinery but specifically an excavator up to 20 tonne
- Experience working on civil construction / earthworks
- Relevant industry knowledge and experience for at least 2 or 3 years.
- You will need to be physically fit and have the ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
We want to talk with suitably qualified people who have the desire to succeed in a company which values their employees
If you have any interest in the above role and you can be assured of complete confidentiality in your application.
Great rates and conditions are on offer for the successful candidate please apply online now if you have got what it takes!