- Assisting with the planning of the job
- Assisting with the excavation of the pool site
- Pre-plumbing of pool
- Overseeing the transportation of the pool to the site
- Plumbing the pool to the plant room and connecting all equipment (pumps, filters, salt chlorinator, heat pump, self-cleaning valve, etc.).
- Construction of pool foundations, including boxing, steel work and pouring of concrete to specifications.
- Installation and programming of pool equipment (such as salt chlorinator, pH doser, controllers, Vantage, heat pump (excluding electrical), etc. as required for the job
- Assisting with site management (including organising council inspections, materials, water and concrete delivery, health and safety, and occasional landscaping duties).
The person we are looking for:
- Is able to work well autonomously and has sound problem-solving skills
- Has a friendly can-do attitude, and can communicate professionally and relate well with the customer and colleagues
- Takes pride in their work, consistently delivering to a high standard.
- Is willing to learn and share skills with the team
- Is physically fit and strong and not afraid of a hard day's work (sometimes in inclement weather!)
- Is trustworthy and reliable
- Has a clean, current, full NZ driver's licence (essential)
- Is available for weekend work from time to time
- We will consider any hardworking candidate with a landscaping/tradie background!
The typical start time is between 7.00 - 7.30 am, finishing between 3.00 - 6.00 pm, but we're flexible to work with the right person.
Starting rate of $27 for a junior role, $35 for a senior position, and room for both to increase based on your skill and experience!
We offer on-site training and the opportunity for you to gain a Pool Builders NZQA certification.