Digger/Excavator/Machine Operators are wanted for our client who has a range of work across the Canterbury district. Experience is very beneficial, but training can be provided.
About the Role
We have work for experienced machine operators to use diggers (up to 14-tonne) and other similar excavation-type equipment. You'll be involved in the movement of earth including bulk loading, trenching, moving spoil and prepping work sites from drainage works to subdivisions.
- Dig holes and load excavated material onto trucks
- Spread and level soil, gravel and sand
- Operate a range of machinery as required
You have great teamwork skills and a strong work ethic; you're not afraid to get stuck in and help out where needed to get the job done. You possess sound knowledge of earthworks, site works, machinery operation and other civil construction activities, and can cut to level and load efficiently.
- Machine operation experience
- Class 2 license
- Class 4/5 and WTR is very beneficial
- Ability to pass drug testing
About Our Client
Our client is an earthmoving company experienced and skilled in residential and commercial projects, landscaping and driveways, site clearing and rock breaking, bulk cartage, and gravel supplies.
They pride themselves on providing a safe and supportive working environment with an inclusive team culture. With a variety of projects in the pipeline, they can offer you secure and stable employment.
What's On Offer
- Reliable, well-maintained equipment
- Negotiable starting rate from $25 - $35+ per hour depending on your experience
- Fixed-term contracts are available, with the opportunity for the right applicant to get a permanent role
How to Apply
Apply now and send us your CV/Resume and two contactable references. The successful applicant must pass drug testing.
Please note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.