We seek a Senior Quantity Surveyor with a solid background in large-scale projects, a strong eye for detail and who is a proactive team player.
About Our Client
Our client is a New Zealand-owned and operated company that has been providing high-quality outcomes for our clients, staff, and communities for over 25 years, boasting an inclusive company culture and an iconic project portfolio throughout NZ, the wider Pacific, and the Antarctic. They plan on leaving a lasting legacy of innovative, safe structures for future generations to come.
Our client prides themselves on providing a supportive team environment and a solid commitment to a safe and healthy work environment. They are prepared to pay top rates to secure the best person for the job.
About the Role
You will work closely with other members of the QS team to manage financial performance, cash flow and construction project changes. You'll be responsible for building and maintaining professional and reciprocal relationships with clients, sub-contractors, consultants and key stakeholders.
Producing supporting documentation for tenders and contracts and accurate reporting around project financial performances will also be a key task.
- Prepare and finalise tender submissions and contract documents
- Control and manage project profit margins and maintain positive cash flows
- Produce accurate financial reports
You have a strong background in large-scale projects (residential or commercial) and understand New Zealand construction methods. As you'll be responsible for decision-making, you possess excellent communication and problem-solving skills and have the ability to build good rapport and relationships.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience in quantity surveying
- Recognised and relevant professional QS qualification
- Previous commercial construction experience is desirable
What's on Offer:
- Competitive salary based on your experience, $95,000 - $120,000+
- Fulltime, permanent role with job security and continuity of work
- Ongoing support for professional development and career progression/promotion
- Visa and/or relocation assistance is available for the right person (if required)
This is a rare opportunity to join a proud, passionate, and dedicated team within a stable business that values work/life balance and gives their employees a real chance to develop their careers.
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, then apply now!
Please note: Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or be eligible to obtain a valid NZ work visa. We also require all employees to complete a pre-employment medical check, drug and alcohol testing, and criminal history checks with the Ministry of Justice.