Our client farms 350 ha in a mixed farming operation over 3 properties. With a third under irrigation and high rainfall properties, this is an intensive operation.
As the stock manager, you will be responsible for day-to-day activities involved with running and monitoring the stock and managing pasture and feed cover. This role will suit a self-reliant and enthusiastic person with highly competent livestock experience, who has the ability to show initiative, responsibility and have a positive attitude to work.
Accuracy and planning are everything. Near enough is just not good enough for this role.
They require an excellent team player with a can-do attitude who really takes pride in everything they do. You need to be safe, responsible, helpful, observant, able to complete tasks to a high standard with attention to detail, a good communicator, productive and able to work in a team or on your own, organized and tidy, fit and healthy, and be willing to learn.
The successful applicant will require the following skills and experience
- Have an enthusiastic attitude and motivation to think strategically, while being able to prioritise and problem solve on the job
- Genuine interest in livestock welfare and practice of low-stress stock handling
- Able to manage the physical demands of the job
- Be able to maintain property infrastructure and service plant and equipment
- Good verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- The successful candidate must have a Full Current Driver Licence
Apply today so you don't miss out on this great opportunity.