Forestry Corporation of NSW (FCNSW) is the largest manager of commercial plantation and native forests in NSW. We manage more than two million hectares of forests for the economic, environmental, and social benefit of the people of NSW and Australia.Why work for FCNSW
Our values are at the heart of everything we do. A career at FCNSW is built on the foundations of our values.
- Wellbeing: The safety and wellbeing of our people is our priority.
- Respect: We care for country, community and ourselves in all its diversity and in highest regard our partnerships.
- Integrity: We are honest and accountable for all our actions.
- Innovation: We challenge ourselves to think differently and improve
- Great leadership opportunity
- Promote and drive innovation in our Blowering Nursery
- Fulltime position located in Tumut in the foothills of the Snowy Mountains in NSW
- On-site cottage available
We have an exceptional opportunity for a passionate and energetic Production Nursery Manager to join the team. You will oversee and drive the production of high-quality seedlings to re-establish the Softwood Plantations in NSW. With a strong focus on innovation, there will be opportunities to explore new ways of working while managing a large nursery team.Key responsibilities
- Manage nursery operations promoting FCNSW core values of wellbeing, respect, integrity and innovation.
- Implement each Age Class sow plan, ensuring that there are adequate materials and staff available for timely completion of the plan.
- Plan and schedule medium to longer-term production activities, to ensure cost-effective, timely and quality production.
- Monitor all aspects of production to ensure sufficient quality stock is available at specification to meet orders and dispatch deadlines.
- Work with nursery staff to effectively address day-to-day challenges in a manner which facilitates positive outcomes and ensure more significant issues are escalated.
- Work with regional functional managers and staff as required to appropriately resolve issues in an appropriate manner.
- Identify and as required investigate, make recommendations and pursue opportunities to improve performance.
- Hold the relevant tertiary education
- Strong leadership credentials with demonstrated experience in leading and developing teams
- Able to foster a culture of safety and compliance
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the mechanics of working in a large-scale commercial nursery
- You are innovative and keen to explore how to maximise value and output without compromising quality and safety
- Exceptional stakeholder manager
- Strong communication and organisational skills
Send a copy of your resume and a cover letter outlining why you are interested in the role and what you can bring to the team[Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noopener"> by clicking here.
Applications Close: 29 October 2021
For more information about the role please contact Phil Green, Plantation Improvement Manager, on (m) 0400 265 814. Alternatively, you can visit our website: [Register to View]
- A valid driver’s licence is essential.
- The successful applicant will be required to undergo a medical assessment and drug and alcohol screening as part of the recruitment process.
- This role has firefighting responsibilities which may include frontline and non-frontline firefighting; a Task Based Assessment (TBA) pass at a standard of at least the Moderate Field Test is required.
Forestry Corporation is an inclusive workplace which promotes diversity and encourages flexible working arrangements.