A great opportunity for a Farm Assistant to join a family-owned sheep farm in the Selwyn area.
As the Farm Assistant, you will be involved in the day-to-day activities including the milking of 600 Sheep, and monitoring the stock. This role will suit a self-reliant and enthusiastic person with livestock experience, who has the ability to show initiative, responsibility and have a positive attitude to work.
They require an excellent team player with a can-do attitude who really takes pride in everything they do. You need to be safe, responsible, helpful, observant, able to complete tasks to a high standard with attention to detail, a good communicator, productive and able to work in a team or on your own, organized and tidy, fit and healthy, and be willing to learn.
The successful applicant will require the following skills and experience
- Milking is an advantage, but full training will be given
- Have an enthusiastic attitude and motivation to think strategically, while being able to prioritise and problem solve on the job
- Genuine interest in livestock welfare and practice of low-stress stock handling
- Able to manage the physical demands of the job
- Good verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ideally have a Full Driver License
Apply today so you don't miss out on this great opportunity.