Geneva Healthcare's Community Living service supports adults with physical and intellectual disabilities in in-home environments across NZ.
We are currently seeking an Enrolled or Registered Nurses to carry out nursing care, nursing assessments and care planning for residents.
This role is based at one of our west Auckland houses however required to travel to other Auckland houses as business requires. There is 2 x position available working 32 hours per week on a rostered basis and will require you to work weekends/nights.
We can offer you:
- Subsidised Health Insurance
- Thorough orientation and a supportive team
- Online learning platform
Key Achievements in the Role.
- Accepts responsibility for ensuring that his/her nursing practice and conduct meet the standards of the professional, ethical and relevant legislated requirements.
- Promotes an environment that enables resident safety, independence, quality of life, and health.
- Practices nursing in a manner that the resident determines as being culturally safe.
- Management of Nursing Care and assessments
- Recognises and reports changes in health and functional status to the clinical manager.
- Ensures documentation is accurate and maintains confidentiality of information.
- Contributes to the health education of residents and their family/whanau to maintain and promote health.
- Establishes, maintains and concludes therapeutic interpersonal relationships to enhance outcomes for the residents
- Quality improvement
- Collaborates and participates with colleagues and members of the health care team to deliver care.
You will need to have:
- Current Practicing Certificate is required as a Registered nurse
- New Zealand experience in the rehabilitation, disability, aged care sector, DHB/NGO and mental health
- Experience in PEG feeding, medication management, safe handling, challenging behaviours and other areas relevant to intellectual and physical disability is preferred
- A caring and compassionate approach to all nursing cares
- Proven communication skills and ability to develop professional relationships, meeting and exceeding all stakeholder expectations
- Ability to provide effective and supportive supervision to support workers
- A full Driver Licence and confidence with manual disability vehicles
Applicants must be either a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident.
To apply: Please send your CV online by clicking the Apply Button or contact Deborah D’Souza on 0800 436 382 ext 9514 or email deborahd@genevahealth,com
For more information on what we do, please visit [Register to View]