We are currently recruiting for Occupational Therapists interested to join us as independent contractors working alongside our dedicated team of rehabilitation professionals in Canterbury.
About the Role
Our Occupational Therapists are community-based, working autonomously and as part of a wider multidisciplinary team, within a best practice, person and family/whanau centred approach to assessment and rehabilitation.
You will have a real passion and dedication to all aspects of service delivery and the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with your clients and their families. You will work with a wide range of people with illness, injury or disabilities, providing assessment and rehabilitation programmes within their home, work or community settings.
What’s In It for You:
- A variety of work opportunities including:
- Community assessment and rehabilitation
- Concussion services
- Vocational rehabilitation
- Specialist wheelchair and seating services
- ACC, Private, Ministry of Health and DHB
- Flexible hours
- A work life balance, a supportive team and values based culture
- Competitive market pay rates
- Opportunities to grow your career with an industry leader
To be successful in this role, we are looking for the following requirements:
- NZ Registered Occupational Therapist and current APC
- Association membership or equivalent
- Proven NZ post graduate experience of 2 years of more
- Experience in some or all of the following (adult and/or paediatric):
- Vocational rehabilitation
- Neuro and TBI assessment and rehabilitation
- Spinal injury assessment and rehabilitation
- assistive device/equipment provision (assessment, set up and training)
- delivering community based rehabilitation
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- An understanding and appreciation of Tikanga Maori
- Clean Full NZ Drivers Licence with access to a reliable vehicle
- Proficient computer and IT knowledge
Geneva Healthcare – Wellness and Rehabilitation provides a range of program so people can manage their health and well-being after an injury, illness, or living with a disability. Our experienced interdisciplinary team use a person-centred, strength-based, solution- focused approach to suit specific needs.
Join the team:
We are committed to enhancing the wellbeing of our clients, and their whanau/families and communities.
We are a passionate and hardworking multidisciplinary team that fosters an environment that encourages innovative thinking and ideas. We offer excellent clinical support and development that will assist you build on your career aspirations, experience and development.
Please apply with your CV and cover letter or for a confidential discussion please call Maylaine on 0800 266 577 ext 9295.