Keen to join a hospitality team in a unique location? At Zane Grey’s “The Dock "and “The Aquarium” we have a world-class location offering two unique dining experiences and are looking for someone who is systems orientated and able to work as part of a big friendly front of house team. There is quite literally no other venue like this in New Zealand. Our restaurant is situated over the water with amazing views and tasty food to match. We are looking for a dedicated Bar Manager to join our fantastic team.
We are a team that supports one another and enjoy getting the job done. At Zane Grey’s, we offer a competitive salary, daily food allowances, bonus schemes, and a great work life balance in the beautiful Bay of Islands. Our successful applicant will have:
- Experience managing a bar and all bar staff
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Experience working quickly and efficiently in a quality hospitality environment
- Have extensive knowledge of local and international beverage trends
- Preparation of creative beverage menu creation and promotion
- Ability to maintain a great relationship with regulars and new customers
- Knowledge of maintaining standards for food safety, as well as health & safety in the bar area
- Outstanding Communication Skills
- A positive, can-do attitude and willingness to learn
- POS systems oriented
- Work with management to assess and improve processes and policies
- Oversee all aspects of the bar including inventory, stocktake, ordering, cleanliness and managing staff members
- Work closely with other departments of the establishment
- Uphold and enforce company policies
- Interview, hire and train new employees
- Address employee complaints or performance issues as needed
- Address customer issues and complaints
- Adhere to Liquor licence law and regulations
- Potential to grow within the business
Our business is open 365 days a year with breakfast, lunch and dinner, so a willingness to work weekend and holidays is also greatly appreciated.
If this sounds like the perfect job for you, don’t hesitate-apply today! We look forward to welcoming you as part of our amazing team.
Ideal applicants will have New Zealand Citizenship/Residency or a valid New Zealand Work Visa.
** Zane Grey’s is an Accredited Employer, so we can support visa applications for the right employee**