As the Production head Chef you’ll be heavily involved in a hands-on operation in a very busy and fast paced kitchen, leading a team of up to 6 chef/kitchen staff.
Experience coming from high end fast paced or busy group bakery and pastry background. You must have a true passion for food and a fresh clean approach on presentation of our products.
Maintaining quality and consistency is a key factor in the day to day running of our kitchen.
This role reports to the Executive Chef.
- Previous experience in high end fast paced or baker group or factory background in a similar role and be able to demonstrate strong career progression over a requisite number of years.
- Needs to be comfortable managing a busy kitchen with a high level of consistency and creativity.
- The successful applicant will have outstanding organisational and communication skills.
- Implementing and maintaining structures and procedures is paramount.
- Smart procurement practices
- To follow all food hygiene guidelines in accordance with H&S and FCP
- You will need to have very strong and proven experience in managing staff.
- Proven disciplines in managing food / wage costs and rosters is a prerequisite.
- Eligibility to work in NZ is essential, ideally NZ resident or citizen.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Highly competitive remuneration
- Profit on participation
- Fantastic opportunity to work and grow together with a growing pastry company
- Continuous Support and training
- Great working environment with positive, passionate people
If this sounds like you and you are ready to take your next big step in your career please apply including your cv and cover letter.
Your application will include the following questions:
How many years of people management experience do you have?
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
Job description for the production manager Pastry Chef position at Little French Pastry Limited
1) Determine how food should be presented with the help of the head chef.
2) Determine production schedules and staff requirements necessary to ensure timely delivery of services.*
3) Estimate amounts and costs of required supplies, such as food and ingredients.
4) Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure conformance to established standards.
5) Instruct cooks and other workers in the preparation, cooking, garnishing, and presentation of food.
*6) Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations.
7) follow the HACCP regulation on ;cheking temperature of fridges,freezer and food.
8) maintain a healthy and clean kitchen, records everything on paper or online for the food control plan in place.
9) Order or requisition food and other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation.
10) Prepare and cook foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.*
*11) Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
12) Collaborate with the head chef to plan and develop recipes and menus, taking into account such factors as seasonal availability of ingredients and the likely number of customers.*
13) Check the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
14) Check the quantity and quality of received products.
15) Demonstrate new cooking techniques and equipment to staff.
16) Record production and operational data on specified forms.
*17) Plan, direct, and supervise the food preparation and cooking activities of the kitchen as needed.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to $70,000.00 per year