This job is archived
- Assist with producing cheeses while adhering to strict health and safety guidelines.
- Experience in a food factory beneficial but not necessary as full training provided.
- Day or afternoon/night shifts available and flexibility with start/finish times.
Are you looking for an opportunity to learn new skills and grow a career in the food manufacturing industry? Our client is looking for process workers to join a creative and modern cheese factory.
About the Company
You will work for a new start-up in the Selwyn district in a totally different cheese industry from the usual cow/goat’s cheese-dominated market. The start-up is a subsidiary of a parent company supported by several other well-established businesses from various sectors.
This family farm makes headlines with its innovative farming and sheep dairy products. They're committed to creating products that are both environmentally and stomach-friendly. The processing plant, milking facilities and animals are on a 160-hectare farm in the picturesque Selwyn District, nestled under the Southern Alps.
About the Role
The duties for this position include the various processes related to the production and ageing of cheese and the related paperwork for each batch. You will work closely with a small team of people to execute daily operations of the production process, monitor and maintain products in the ageing cellars, and coordinate packaging.
You'll work on a 4:2 roster (four days on, two days off) meaning weekend availability is essential. The factory runs Monday - Saturday and there are two shifts to choose from, 6.30 am - 2.30 pm or 2.30 pm - 10.00 pm. We can be somewhat flexible with start and finish times for the right people.
- Assist with the production of cheeses
- Adhere to strict food health and safety guidelines
- Troubleshoot inconsistencies with the products as needed
- Maintain all required records, inventories, recipes, and data
You'll spend a significant amount of time working independently but will also work as part of a team. A commitment to food safety and attention to detail is critical to this position to ensure the safe production of cheese, adherence to recipes, noticing and responding to seasonal changes in milk, ageing environment variations, and the safe and effective operation of equipment.
Experience in a food factory is beneficial but not necessary as full training is provided.
- Ability to remain calm and flexible in a fast-paced and evolving work environment
- Can read recipes and follow instructions precisely
- Starting rate of $22 per hour and upwards, depending on your experience.
- There is ample room for career development, progression, and raises for the right person!
- Flexibility with start and finish times
We want to hear from you today if you have an unshakeable commitment to food safety and the drive and passion for excelling in an exciting industry.