This job is archived
(Archived) Factory Knife Hands
- Fixed-term factory knife hand opportunities working on a primary processing line.
- Permanent roles are offered to exceptional workers.
- Experience working as a knife hand is beneficial but not required!
About the Role
- Work on a primary processing line trimming/deboning
- Weigh, label, and package products
- Follow strict health, safety and food quality requirements
- Maintain knives and other relevant equipment
There are two shift options available:
- The first option is 6 am to 2.30 pm, Monday to Friday (42.5 hours)
- The second option is for school-friendly hours, 9 am to 2.30 pm, Monday to Friday (27 hours)
Previous manufacturing or process line experience is helpful, as is OSH forklift cert or F endorsement or experience working as a knife hand (trimming/deboning). However, none of these is required as full training is provided!
- Physically fit and able
- Passing pre-employment drug testing is mandatory
- Able to commit to one of the two shift options
About Our Client
Our client has been in the food manufacturing industry for well over 100 years and prides itself on quality and sustainability. They take an active approach in their local and wider communities, supporting child and youth development, local events and other social initiatives.
They offer a fun and diverse team culture and are a company that recognises and rewards committed staff with a range of additional benefits and career development opportunities for motivated people, including leadership development.
What's On Offer
- Fixed-term to permanent contracts available
- Mon - Fri shifts (no weekends), 6 am - 2.30 pm OR 9 am - 2.30 pm
- PPE provided
- Onsite training provided
- Career development including leadership
- $23+ per hour start rate, PLUS 8% holiday pay