- Assist with general production line duties and machine operation in a factory environment.
- No experience necessary; full training provided.
- Immediate starts available. Full-time hours, 6 pm to 6 am shifts.
About the Role
We need factory workers in South Canterbury (Waitaki District - Morven/Glenavy area) to work in the dairy processing environment. This role is designed as a versatile entry-level role; no experience is necessary as full training is given. You'll work in a modern and clean factory environment with state-of-the-art equipment.
This role is for full-time night shifts; typically 12 hours long, 6 pm to 6 am. There is also the option for full-time hours rotating between day and night shifts.
Your typical duties will include loading ingredients onto conveyors, dealing with ingredient and product damage and waste, maintaining accurate stock records, following strict recipes, product packing, and cleaning.
- Machine operation including filling machines, case packers and palletising robots
- Assist with general production line duties
- Maximise production uptime
- Product packing, sampling and testing
- Clean production line and equipment
You're an honest and reliable self-starter who can work well in a team. You're the sort of person who leads by example and motivates others. You take direction well and lead others when required. You're a fun, friendly person who enjoys working with a diverse team.
Any tertiary qualification you have will be beneficial for your career development into other roles with increased responsibility.
- High Health & Safety, and hygiene standards
- Dexterous, able to complete repetitive work to a high standard
- Good attention to detail
- A desire to learn and develop your skills
- Physically fit and able to lift up to 20 kg
Who's Our Client
Our client is in the food manufacturing industry worldwide and has been operating in South Canterbury for over 10 years. They offer state-of-the-art facilities, good working conditions, and ongoing training and career opportunities. They focus on empowerment, diversity and continuous learning, with their core values being innovation, safety, quality, sustainability, and collaboration.
Their entry-level roles (such as this one) are a gateway to a career in the food manufacturing and export industries. Development opportunities on offer include Production Management, Product Research and Development, IT and Automation, Asset Maintenance, Services, and Supply Chain and Logistics.
What's On Offer
- Immediate starts available (ongoing casual contract)
- Opportunity for permanent contracts for the best workers!
- Full-time hours plus overtime available
- Ongoing training with genuine career development options
- PPE is provided
- Earn $23 per hour
- Free bus to and from work with Wi-Fi
How to Apply
This is a fantastic opportunity to grow your career in the food manufacturing industry and work with a leading company. Successful applicants will be good communicators and have a strong work ethic.
If this sounds like you, apply now, and send us your CV/resume with two contactable references.
Please note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.