$25.00 – $30.00 • hourly
- Reach sales targets with current and new products, manage and build relationships with customers, run product promotions, and take ownership of your territory as a Brand Ambassador.
- Flexible hours.
- Permanent role.
We're looking for a Brand Ambassador in Dunedin to take the lead and be the face of our company in your territory.
About Our Client
Our client is an innovative player in the dairy niche. Jones Family Farm provides nutritious New Zealand sheep milk and sheep milk cheese for everyday people seeking bovine and plant-based dairy alternatives and results from the need for a dairy alternative for food allergies within the founder's family.
The farm comes from years of research and development in sheep milk breeds, land use and nutritional values. They aim to provide you access to dairy products that are good for your health and the environment.
About the Role
You’ll be the face of our company - presenting new food products to mainstream and niche supermarkets. You'll do in-store demos, actively seek new customers, and identify ways to improve the retention rate of existing customers. You'll use your strong communication skills and sales techniques to upsell whenever possible.
You will build strong customer relationships, effectively serve customers and achieve strategic objectives. You'll work in local supermarkets, building promotional displays to run taste testings.
This role will see you respond to incoming emails and website enquiries, providing customers with information, pricing, and quotes, as well as making outgoing calls. You'll also provide internal support to the wider team.
You'll need to be energetic and efficient in visiting all necessary stores, and you must be flexible to work weekends when required.
The role will play a key role in expanding distribution across New Zealand and getting their cheese and milk products into the hands of more consumers.
- Merchandise and undertake promotional plans, including food tastings
- Contact existing customers and generate more sales
- Manage and build relationships with customers
- Reach sales targets with current and new products across the portfolio
You have customer care and/or admin support experience, along with a background in sales. Confidence and assertiveness are two of your key traits. You're motivated and driven to go above and beyond target requirements, with a willingness to take ownership of your position.
Your communication skills are outstanding, and you present in an approachable and professional manner. You have an eye for detail and can bring a creative flair to the role.
While FMCG experience is preferred, we're looking more for someone with the “get up and go” to see the opportunity and act on it. Jones Family Farm is a family-style company with a close-knit crew of great people, so if this sounds like you then apply!
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Previous food and beverage sales experience is beneficial
- Experience as a salesperson/merchandiser/promoter is beneficial
- Able to pass a drug test
- Access to a reliable vehicle is essential, as is a driver's license
What's on Offer
- Flexible hours; to be negotiated with you
- Starting rate of $25 - $30 per hour is to be negotiated, depending on experience
- Permanent role
- Staff discounts
- Christchurch-based head office
- Tools of the trade - everything you need to succeed in this role
How to Apply
If this role sounds like you, please apply now and send us your reference and two contactable references.
Please note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.