This job is archived
Our client is looking for someone who is skilled and well-seasoned in the food industry that is eager to call this project their own.
An exciting opportunity has become available to work as a food technologist in a new start up found in the Selwyn district. Based on the current product demand and our desire to keep moving forward, we are looking to the future to build on our successes and expand our horizons.
The duties for this full-time, year-round position include all processes related to the production and ageing of cheese and maintenance of related paperwork for each batch. In addition to the essential role in production processes, you will be asked to try your hand at new dairy-based product ranges, implement unique recipes, and complete other tasks as the need arises.
This position will work closely with a small team of people to execute daily operations of the production process, monitor, and maintain products in the ageing cellars, and coordinate packaging. The role is fast-paced and challenging as well as very rewarding.
A successful employee will:
- Lead the production of all the cheeses in our repertoire
- Develop new products and ranges
- Troubleshoot inconsistencies with the products as needed
- Maintain all required records, inventories, recipes, and data
- Commit fully to food safety
- Ability to remain calm and flexible in a fast-paced and evolving work environment
This opportunity is truly one of a kind and a fantastic way to get your name on the food product development map.