HomePlus NZ is a nationwide network of home improvement specialists, who look after customers with a range of aluminium building solutions for the whole home. Custom made for each customer’s unique home, HomePlus sorts out the project from the initial quote through to making and installing the product. We have been well established in Whangarei for 45years, and pride ourselves on our reputation in the community.
We are currently looking for a reliable Installer and Service Technician of Homeplus and related products for our Whangarei factory. HomePlus is seeking an experienced tradesman or skilled labourer to join our ever expanding company.
The role would include both factory & on site work
We cover the wider Whangarei area.
The successful applicant will need experience in aluminium joinery or carpentry and need excellent people skills
We are looking for a reliable, able-bodied person to manage the installation of our range of aluminium-based products and wardrobes. Product training will be provided
Our full product range can be viewed on our website http://www.homeplus.co.nz
You will need a full driver’s license, the willingness to travel and work unsupervised.
This is a permanent, full-time position. The duties and responsibilities include:
- Serves customers by installing and servicing Homeplus and related products.
- Analyse work orders, Liase with sales office staff to plan or action installation schedule.
- Load and unload products with care to avoid damage to the product or surrounding environment.
- Travel to customers’ worksites to carry out installations.
- Identify installation areas and any Health and safety issues to be addressed.
- Follow any site specific Health and Safety requirements including signing in/out and use of PPE.
- Check sizing and placement of products before commencing actual installation.
- Carry out installation in a tidy professional manner.
- Remove all packaging, waste, and debris before leaving worksite.
- Advise and demonstrate as necessary the operation and required maintenance to the customer.
- Hand the customer any warranty or cash sale invoice as provided.
- Ensure work order is returned to office and sign and date as completed.
- Familiarise with manufacturing and assembly processes and assist with these between installations.
- Identify most common service requests and familiarise with usual remedies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Ability to safely load and carry products to be installed and analyse where assistance may be required.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance and to identify when extended hours are the practical solution to completing an assignment.
- Maintain a clean driver’s licence.
- Perform related duties as assigned by director.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
If you are interested in this role, click the apply button to submit your CV and academic transcript.
Please note that only candidates with the right to work in New Zealand will be considered.