- Diagnose, service, and repair trucks, trailers and commercial equipment as our client's new commercial/heavy diesel mechanic in Canterbury.
- Pay range of $28-32+ per hour, based on your experience!
- Relocation and visa assistance is available!
About Your New Role
We're looking for a couple of qualified diesel mechanics to join our client's workshop in Timaru. The roles are predominantly workshop-based, but there may also be some call-out service work.
You'll be involved in the diagnostics, service, and repair of various vehicles, including trucks, trailers and construction equipment.
This is your opportunity to work with quality brands in an established business with over 25 years of industry experience.
- Comply with workplace health and safety standards
- Maintain good working relationships with staff, clients and suppliers
- Perform standard diagnostics, servicing, and repairs of commercial vehicles
- Dismantle and reassemble components
- Inspect engines and perform routine maintenance
You're an honest and reliable self-starter that can work independently as well as part of a team. You're the sort of person who leads by example and motivates others. You take direction well and lead when required.
You have a strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to efficiently and accurately diagnose mechanical faults. You have an in-depth understanding of diesel engines and general mechanical and engineering knowledge.
- Qualified Diesel Mechanic with relevant experience
- Clean, Full Drivers license
- Competent with hand tools, precisions tools, and other relevant equipment
Who's Our Client
They've been servicing Mid-Canterbury for over 25 years, providing the highest quality civil, rural, and residential contracting.
They operate one of the country's largest commercial workshops and specialise in European and Japanese brands.
- Join a leading, people-driven and inclusive business with vibrant culture
- Earn $28 - $32+ per hour
- Full-time, permanent role with overtime available
- Ongoing training and career development
- Relocation and visa assistance
How to Apply
The successful applicant will be mechanically competent with the ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair in an efficient manner; if this sounds like you, apply now and send us your CV/resume.
Please note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.