We are looking for formwork carpenters for our client in Central Otago in the Queenstown and Wanaka areas. Our client specialises in civil construction and are dedicated to upskilling and mentoring their staff.About the Role
In your new role, you'll perform various tasks related to carpentry, concreting, and formwork. You'll be responsible for carrying out general construction labour tasks such as taking measurements and cutting materials, building foundation walls, beams and floors, and spreading, raking, and finishing concrete. Help with steel fixing may be required as necessary.
- Read and interpret plans and drawings
- Construct formwork/boxing, foundation walls, beams and floors
- Install props
- Install precast panels
Previous carpentry, formwork, or concrete/steel experience is essential. It doesn't matter if this experience is in residential, commercial or civil construction as an eagerness to learn new skills is what's most important. If you've built timber structures, fabricated and installed joinery, reinforced steel cages or undertaken foundation works, this role's for you.
You will apply yourself to various tasks, self-manage your time, work well in a team and be a good communicator. You'll have a strong work ethic and a can-do attitude.
- Relevant construction experience
- Will pass a drug test
- Competent with hand and power tools
- NZ Driver’s Licence
What's On Offer
- Earn $28 - $38, based on experience
- Permanent role, full-time hours
- Lots of variety with plenty of projects in the pipeline
- You'll join a small team of experienced operators
- A great location in the beautiful Queenstown and Wanaka areas
Send us your current CV/resume with two contactable work references by tapping the "apply now" button.
Please note: To apply for this position, you must have the legal right to work in New Zealand. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.