Builders / Carpenters
$25.00 – $35.00 • hourly
- Build new homes and renovate and repair older homes as a builder/carpenter in Southland.
- 18+ months + of relevant experience or trade qualification is essential.
- Relocation assistance for the right applicant.
We need experienced builders/carpenters for our client based in Southland. Work is available throughout the region.
The ideal candidate will pride themselves on high-quality work and delivering great service to all customers. If you are ready to become part of a great team with a friendly family environment, please read on.
About the Role
You'll be involved in a variety of projects such as working on new builds from start to finish and renovating and repairing older houses. The work may be anywhere throughout the wider Southland region.
You'll be responsible for all aspects of the building, including interpreting plans, ordering materials according to the requirements, measuring and cutting materials to the right size and shape, and installing joinery.
- Read building plans and architectural drawings
- Measure and cut materials
- Install window frames, staircases, and doors
- Build new homes
- Renovate/repair older homes
You have a trade qualification or at least 18 months of construction, carpentry, or concrete experience - this may be experience gained in New Zealand or overseas. You're able to work efficiently, maintaining a clean working environment, and equally comfortable working as part of a team as well as individually.
A sense of humour and a friendly attitude goes a long way in New Zealand's construction industry, as does being self-motivated and having a professional manner.
- 18+ months of relevant experience and/or trade qualified
- Physically fit
- Able to interpret plans and technical drawings
What's On Offer
- A dynamic work environment where you are rewarded for your hard work
- A full-time permanent role with a minimum of 30 hours per week
- Competitive wages; $25 - $35 per hour, based on your skills and experience
- PPE provided
- KiwiSaver and 8% holiday pay
- Relocation and visa assistance for the right applicant
How to Apply
If this sounds like it’s for you, apply now and send us your CV/resume outlining your skills and experience. A consultant will be in touch with the next step in the recruitment process if you're shortlisted.
Please note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.