$25.00 – $35.00 • hourly
- Repair, maintain, and upgrade various underground distribution network assets including reticulation, cables, transformers, and switchgear.
- A relevant electrical qualification and current NZ registration and a practising licence are necessary.
- Career development opportunities are available.
About the Role
You'll carry out electrical repairs, maintenance, upgrades or alteration work, diagnosing electrical faults and completing repairs as directed. There will also be maintenance work and replacements on underground distribution network assets.
When the opportunity arises, you may have the chance to assist with training apprentice/trainee line mechanics.
- Install underground reticulation, cables, transformers, and switchgear
- Replace pillars, cable joints and other underground assets
- Carry out low voltage and high voltage jointing, up to 33kV, on various cables and sizes
You hold a New Zealand Electrical Registration as a Cable jointer or have the ability and experience to apply for a Limited Certificate.
Experience in carrying out jointing and terminating work on paper insulated and polymeric cables up to and including 11kv, and polymeric cable up to 33kv as required is non-negotiable.
You're a self-starter who demonstrates initiative and can work unsupervised but equally fit into a team environment when needed. You have strong communication skills and a high level of attention to detail, and prioritise safety above all.
- Relevant electrical qualification
- Full Class 1, NZ Driver's licence
- Registered Electrician or Registered Cable Jointer and current practising license
About Our Client
Our client has been providing design, construction, and maintenance services for overhead and undergound lines and related infrastructure across New Zealand for over 120 years. Values they care about include innovation, adaptation, curiosity, and working together.
They provide a collaborative working environment that embraces diversity and inclusion and a supportive team that will always have your back. They offer their staff various wellness initiatives and have an active social club.
What's On Offer
- $25 - $35 per hour, depending on experience
- Career development opportunities
- Social club
- Permanent, full-time role
How to Apply
To avoid missing this great opportunity, send us your CV/Resume via the apply now button.
We encourage suitably qualified domestic and international applicants. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.