We're looking for a suitably skilled mechanical fitter to join our client in Invercargill.
Who's Our Client
Our client specialises in supplying premium agricultural and horticultural implements and services to New Zealand Farmers. They put quality first when it comes to their services, and prioritise a great workplace culture, valuing and supporting every staff member. They're a third-generation family-run business with over 80 years in the game.
About Your New Role
We're looking for a suitably skilled mechanical fitter to join our client in Invercargill. The roles are predominantly workshop-based, but there will also be some callout service work.
You'll be involved in the diagnostics, service, and repair of various agricultural and horticultural vehicles, equipment, and implements.
- Comply with workplace health and safety standards
- Standard diagnostics, servicing, and repairs of agricultural equipment and machinery
- Fitting new agricultural equipment and machinery
- Some welding and general engineering will be required
You're an honest and reliable self-starter that can work independently as well as part of a team. You're the sort of person who leads by example and motivates others. You take direction well and lead when required.
You have a strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to efficiently and accurately diagnose mechanical faults. You have a thorough understanding of current and evolving technologies in fitting and machining.
You can meet deadlines while, most importantly, providing quality work and exceptional customer service. Your communication skills are excellent and you're confident liaising with both customers and colleagues
Agricultural experience will be very beneficial to your application, but not a necessity.
- A competent mechanical fitter
- Sound welding experience
- Clean, Full Drivers license
- Relevant qualifications are a bonus
What's On Offer
- Competitive hourly wage of $30 - $38 per hour, based on your experience
- Hours of work are 7 am – 5 pm on weekdays, with the occasional weekend callout
- Company vehicle
- Excellent team culture
- Ongoing training and career development
- Established business with over 80 years of industry experience
How to Apply
The successful applicant will be mechanically competent with the ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair in an efficient manner; if this sounds like you, apply now. Fill out the application form and send us your CV/resume, along with two contactable references.
Please note: To apply for this position, you must reside in New Zealand and be a citizen or permanent resident, or have a relevant working visa. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.