This job is archived
- Measure and cut timber using hand and power tools to assemble frames and trusses.
- Entry-level opportunity into the building industry.
- Continuous training and upskilling to encourage career advancement.
We have an opportunity for a new staff member to join an expanding business as a frame and truss labourer in the Timaru area.
If you are experienced in frames and trusses, or if you are a recent school leaver wanting to ease your way into the workforce, and have an aptitude for working with wood within the building industry, then this role could be just what you are looking for.
About the Role
You'll be measuring and cutting timber to specifications and helping to assemble frames and trusses using various hand tools and other equipment (power tools, nail guns, drop saws etc.). This is an entry-level opportunity to get into the building industry and as your experience develops, you will be introduced to new tasks and taught new skills.
- Measure and cut timber
- Assemble frames and trusses
- Use hand and power tools
As full training is provided, we encourage experienced, non-experienced, or those just starting out in the workforce to apply.
- Enthusiastic, can-do attitude
- Strong focus on Safety
- Physically fit for manual handling
- Experience is desirable but not necessary
About Our Client
Our client is a young, vibrant company that has recently relocated due to expansion. Because they have a reasonably small team, they're very tight-knit and there are ample opportunities for growth and promotion!
Their work environment is supportive and the crew are a down-to-earth and friendly bunch.
What's On Offer
- A generous starting rate; $24 - $26 per hour
- Full-time, permanent role
- State-of-the-art equipment on brand-new premises
- Continuous training and upskilling to encourage career advancement
How to Apply
If this is the opportunity you have been waiting for, don't delay; click the button to apply now, and send us your CV/resume and two contactable references.
Please note: To apply for this position, you must reside in New Zealand and be a citizen or permanent resident, or have a relevant working visa. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.